Implementing an E-concierge
The Park Lane Hong Kong, a Pullman Hotel, is located at the heart of vibrant Causeway Bay, seconds away from the subway station. The hotel is right at the doorstep of some of the city’s most compelling attractions; from chic designer boutiques and Michelin-starred restaurants to pulsating bars and clubs. With so much in arms reach, The Park Lane is the one of the ultimate sanctuaries for the modern urban nomad. To improve their service quality, The Pullman Group approached us to develop and implement an E-concierge system to impress their guests and allow visitors to gain information quickly. We leveraged BrightSign and created a multi-touch E-concierge display that not only provides extensive information, it can also be linked to internal services and more.
THE PRODUCTSimple but effective E-concierge at The Park Lane
Integrated into a large touch panel in the lobby of the Park Lane hotel, the E-concierge provides a wide range of information for visitors and guests. From simply checking the time and date to suggestions for dining or other activities. The E-concierge is aimed at providing convenience to the user, information is simply on-demand.
The E-concierge provides the following features with a few intuitive taps:
- Weather - simple weather forecast for the day and week; emergency display pop-ups for special weather announcements such as heavy rain and typhoon signals
- Hotel facilities - user can learn about the hotel facilities at The Park Lane, from opening hours, service details and more
- Transport - comprehensive information on all the available transport options; from public transport nearby to private services provided by the hotel
- Flight information - check in-depth flight information including arrivals, departures and flight map
- Promotions - visitors can explore nearby promotions and other activities
- Suggestions - nearby and upcoming festivals, events and more;
- Destinations - search for nearby destinations; including, food, sightseeing locations, shopping centres and many more
- Printing - the service is linked to printing services, allowing the user to print details of promotions and searched results with a single tap
- Language - two instantaneously-switchable display languages, English and Chinese
The E-concierge at The Park Lane is controlled by a dedicated backend system; hotel staff can easily change information displayed, from adding promotions, removing suggestions, to changing category names, display pictures and more. Alternatively, the management system can also be used to change advert mode parameters, tracking usage and others. When the E-concierge is not in use, the system will automatically switch to advertisement mode. During which the system will display a rotation of pre-determined adverts that can also be changed in real-time through the management platform. Furthermore, to provide accurate and up-to-date information for the user, weather and flight details are retrieved through an integrated API. Finally, in order to provide the hotel with valuable insight; the system also captures usage of guests and visitors. The solution can track clicks and searches to help the hotel understand what kind of promotions and destinations are the most attractive.
OUR IMPACTA solution that can be adapted, scaled and deployed at any location or vertical
The event signage solution for Kerry Hotel is a lightweight and comprehensive system that was deployed in a rapid and efficient timeline. With 3 layers of information; by room, by floor and by the entire building; the solution allowed hotel management to have greater flexibility for event signage. In conjunction with better displays and information for guests and visitors. Combined with the easy to use management system that requires no pre-requisites or technical knowledge. The solution has became one of the critical systems in the hotels day-to-day operations. We attribute the advantages of our solution with the use of BrightSign ; the product allows us to create custom signage solutions that can be built for any vertical and deployed in a minimal amount of development time.